We pride ourselves on the superb level of Pastoral Care offered at Gawura and St Andrew’s Cathedral School. The level of Pastoral Care is built on the Christian foundations of the School and the ethos of individual care and respect for each student.
Gawura is grounded in Christian values that nurture the individual, promoting personal wellbeing and cross-cultural understanding in a tolerant environment, where values of grace, integrity and justice are upheld.
Gawura teachers are committed to:
- Nurturing trusting relationships with students
- Setting challenging and purposeful goals
- Utilising diverse and effective teaching strategies
- Modelling creativity, innovation and responsible risk taking
- Encouraging growth of individual gifts and abilities
- Celebrating growth, perseverance and service
- Modelling integrity, grace and justice
- Developing learning and thinking skills
- Integrating a Christian perspective